Part of our role in serving others is connecting people to resources. I love learning about exciting initiatives that make a difference, even better is being able to share these programs with others who might find their gifts aligning with something new. I hope we can keep learning about as many initiatives as possible so when the opportunity arises we can pass on information to others.
The Fruit Tree Planting Foundation is a non-profit. They seek to plant and help others plant 18 million fruit trees across the globe. These fruit trees benefit God’s creation and also provide a healthy food source.
Their website: http://www.ftpf.org/
Here are six programs they work through, maybe one will interest you:
- Fruit Tree 101: planting at public schools
- Communities Take Root: planting in community gardens and city parks
- Fruit Relief: planting in low-income neighborhoods and international hunger relief sites
- Reservation Preservation: planting at Native American reservations
- Roots of Recovery: planting at Health Centers
- Orchards for Animals: planting at Animal Sanctuaries
Provided on the website is an application download for anyone who might want to bring an orchard donation to their area or organization.