1. Head on over to a neighbor’s to shovel off their sidewalk, driveway, or brush off their car.
2. Remember the elderly and new Mom’s who can’t get out as easily when the temperatures dip. Stop by with a special treat, lunch, and some conversation.
3. Deliver a care package to a family fighting the flu or facing the winter blues. (This is a cute idea from Katherine Marie Photography discovered via pinterest for a sunshine care package!)
4. Valentine’s Day! Create homemade cards for far-away relatives and friends. Everyone loves getting mail!
5. Deliver a special Valentine’s Treat to someone who needs a pick-me-up.
6. When stuck inside, pick an extra cleaning/organization job around the house. Have everyone in the family participate. Each child can earn a specified amount afterwards: half for piggy banks, and half for your family giving bank.
7. Deliver a bag of soup to your local food pantry.
8. Host a Sledding Party. Serve cookies and a hot chocolate bar afterwards. Ask everyone attending to bring a small donation to a specific cause. Make a difference as a community!
9. Winter items will be shifting to sale and clearance racks soon. Consider purchasing new or gently used winter items to donate to your local rescue mission or One Warm Coat (an organization that has collection points all over the US.)
10. Cuddle up for some family time. Have a family movie/popcorn party, game night, or story time
What ways does your family give back over the winter season?