Spring is coming. (Not as fast as I hoped it would.) Dirty gray snow please melt away…
10 Easy Ways to Give Back over the Spring Season!
1. My Family’s Favorite Spring Treat: Bird’s Nests, make them together and double the batch to share. Here is the recipe:
- One 7 oz. jar of marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 can of chow mein noodles (3 cups)
- 1 cup of chopped M&M’s Plain
- Peanut M&M’s or other candy to fill the nest.
Combine the marshmallow creme, peanut butter and butter. Mix well. Add noodles and plain M&M’s. Fill the nests!
2. Spring Craft: Purchase some small, plain terra cotta flower pots. Get out paints and help your kids hand decorate the pots. Deliver them with a packet of seeds as gifts to others.
3. Try Composting: Read this guest article by my sister-in-law Jen for ideas of how to get started.
4. Family Recycling Activity: Explore Recycle City with the whole family. Make a list of ideas you can implement into your home.
Image courtesy of [Just2Happy], freedigitalphoto.net
5. Plant: Take time to plant something new this spring a tree, bush, strawberry plant, seeds, a small flower.
6. Garden Donations: If you garden and have excess consider donating some of your crops. Sometimes churches allow members to offer their excess to other members. When you visit the farmer’s market this summer, consider dropping a gift off to someone who might need a little extra.
8. Did you know you could recycle this stuff? Spring clean with purpose.
- Paint. Habitat for Humanity Restores take latex paint to remix and resell. Find a location near you.
- Crayons. They can be recycled into new crayons. Learn more here.
- Batteries. Visit Call2Recycle for a location near you.
- Visit Earth911.com and type in any search for an object and see if there is a place to recycle near you.
9. Family Raking: Head out on a Saturday morning and clean up your yard as a family. While you have your work clothes on, help a neighbor or someone who needs assistance do spring clean up.
10. Deliver: Drop off a bouquet of spring flowers to a shut-in or someone who is ill. Set aside time to visit too.
How do you give back during the season of spring?