The Office of Social Justice responds to God’s call to let justice flow like a river, especially as it relates to hunger and poverty.
I want to point you to a resource on their web page. The resource is called Social Justice 101. I encourage anyone who has wondered about the following questions to take a moment to read through the information.
- Why should Christians be politically engaged?
- What does the Bible say about justice?
- What does social justice have to do with my personal faith?
- What is advocacy and how does it connect to charity?
- Whose role is it to care for the poor?
- What are systems and how do they contribute to injustice?
I also want to introduce you to my husband Kris today, who works for World Renew and the Office of Social Justice! He is kind to a fault and has a huge heart for making a difference because of his faith.
Confession: The first time I told Kris that I loved him, I was driving. I got so nervous I ran a red a light. (Don’t tell the police.)
Kris Van Engen is the Congregational Justice Mobilizer for the Office of Social Justice and World Renew. He equips people as they act on Jesus’ instructions to be peacemakers, to do justice, and to prevent the root causes of poverty and hunger.
Kris previously worked for 10 years as a pastor and church ministries director. He and his wife Lisa have two children, Ellie and Josiah.
Contact Kris by email at email@example.com.
Pingback: Where There is Injustice, There is Silence « about proximity